Thursday, September 23, 2010

Supermom

Mumma J's Green Goddess Salad
So, my cute little Mumma (who is also an Advanced Plan eater and patient at our office), brought me dinner tonight at work.  A delicious Maximized salad creation!  So simple, but SO good. I told her I was going to blog about it and that she needed to give me the recipe, and this is what she told me (like mother, like daughter - exact measurements are not our strength):

Ingredients
  • Napa cabbage
  • 2 large handfuls arugula
  • 2 large handfuls bean sprouts
  • 2 large handfuls zucchini, chopped into matchsticks 
  • 1 large granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
  • Chopped cilantro, to your liking
  • Chopped green onions, to your liking
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (organic and unsweetened)
  • 1/4 cup tamari
  • 1/2 olive oil
  • A few tbsp. sesame oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • A handful of peanuts
Method
  • Combine all green ingredients in large bowl.
  • In a mason jar, combine all dressing ingredients, and shake until thoroughly mixed (very high tech)!
  • Pour dressing over greens and top with peanuts.
  • Tell your Mom you love her.
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment