Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ricotta & Herb Stuffed Zucchini

Ricotta & Herb Stuffed Zucchini
I discovered these scrumptious little treats while eating out at one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants, the Coup, and decided I must re-create them at home.  Makes a delish dinner with a grilled chicken breast.  I had mushrooms (cremini and button) that I needed to use up, so I sauteed those with coconut oil and garlic and added layered them on the zucchini before the ricotta - super yum.  Also, I didn't have any fresh herbs, so I did without - and they were just as good as the restaurant/recipe. 

Ingredients
  • 2 large zucchini
  • 8 tbsp. ricotta cheese
  • 6 garlic cloves, roasted OR 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. chili flakes
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
  • 1 tsp. good olive oil
  • 4 sundried tomatoes (in oil)
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • pinch nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup parmesan or manchego cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup herb mix, finely chopped (oregano, basil, parsley, or your favourites)
  • salt and pepper
Method
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the middle.  Steam zucchini for about five minutes - careful not to over-steam 'em.
  • In a food processor, blend ricotta, chili flakes, garlic, dried oregano, pine nuts, olive oil, tomatoes, cumin, nutmeg, s&p.
  • Stuff zucchinis with mixture and lay on baking sheet.  Top them with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown.
  • Remove from oven and top with fresh herbs.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment