Friday, September 10, 2010

My Friday Night: Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce

Ok everyone, this is how cool I am.  Not only am I staying inside in my jammies (yes, I said jammies) and making us a Maximized dinner on a Friday night, but I am ALSO blogging about it and planning a culinary photo shoot as well.  I'm sure my boyfriend will be thrilled.  Anyways... this is the dinner plan for this splendid Friday evening: a delicious mixed green salad with avocado, yellow tomatoes and almonds (homemade dressing of course, the store bought stuff is toxic- see below!), Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (below as well), and these scrumptious skewers.  It's gonna be magical AND Maximized.  I can sense it.
Happy Friday!

Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce

Ingredients
  • 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breast (the good kind from the health food store.  I'm good without vaccines and hormones in my chicken, thanks.  Oopsies, that sounded a little fiesty). 
  • 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Garlic Marinade
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp. oil (olive or coconut)
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
  • 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter (organic and UNsweetened!)
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat.... yeah, baby!)
  • chile sauce or pepper flakes to your liking
  • 2 tbsp. tamari
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
Method
  • Cut chicken into cubes and thread onto skewers.
  • Combine marinade ingredients, pour over skewered chicken and marinade for at least an hour.
  • To serve, grill, bake, until brown, turn as needed.
  • To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients in small saucepan, bring to a boil, simmer 10 minutes stirring frequently.  If sauce is too thick, add more coconut milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment